Terms and Conditions Seadogs Training and Stour Valley Sporting
Seadogs Training Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
General Terms & Conditions
- All dogs must be vaccinated/up to date with their inoculations for distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvo virus and parvo influenza. Dogs should also be up to date with anti-flea and anti-wormers. We also recommend you speak to your vet about vaccinating for Kennel Cough.
- Dogs with infectious diseases are not allowed on site
- Lifetime Pet Insurance is highly recommended. Owners are responsible for all vet bills, no matter how they are incurred.
- We accept no responsibility for loss of, or injury to, your dog whilst training with us.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead unless otherwise instructed.
- Do not allow your dog to approach another dog.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times by an adult. If the adult needs to leave the training area for any reason, all children and the dog must accompany them. Please do not expect us, or another client in the class, to take responsibility for them.
- We believe in using positive reinforcement as the most effective way to train dogs. We do not allow dogs to be handled forcefully during our training. The use of punishment as a training method has been proven to create negative side effects in dogs and owners who are seen to use such handling methods may be asked to leave immediately and will not be offered a refund.
- We accept no responsibility for any damage to, theft of, or from your vehicle. Please do not leave valuables in your car and any dogs left unattended in a vehicle at done so at the owners risk.
- You are reminded that training sessions are held outdoors in the countryside. Terrain is uneven and slippery in places. There are also obstacles such as trees and low hanging branches to consider.
- By choosing to attend you agree to take full responsibility for your own safety, the safety of all parties accompanying you and the safety of your dog.
- By attending your agree to do your part of the training regarding homework.
- We must be alerted to any behavioural problems prior to accepting a booking. No aggressive dogs are allowed at our training classes and any dogs deemed to be aggressive by the trainer will be asked to leave.
- You hereby agree, irrevocably and for no royalties or other compensation, to all and any use by Rob Palmer and/or Seadogs Training of any photos, videos or audio recordings taken during training sessions for the purpose of marketing on our company website, social media pages or for the purpose of demonstration videos, tutorials or other educational or informational material as may be produced and marketed from time to time. You understand that such material may be edited and used in whole or in part and displayed on the internet or made public for the purpose of promoting Seadogs Training.
- Please pick up after your dog.
- Seadogs Training check all perimeter fencing regularly and make reasonable effort to secure the fields. However this is a natural area and rabbits and other animals do burrow under it and determined dogs may be able to escape. Seadogs Training cannot accept liability for your dog getting through these or jumping, or attempting to jump, the fencing. Seadogs Training does not accept any liability for any injuries to dog or handler.
- If and when you train in the woods or water dogs must be steady, have a good recall and be under control at all times as this is not enclosed due to the nature of the environment. Please also be careful of natural trip hazards, uneven ground and head clearance. Seadogs Training does not accept any liability for any injuries to dog or handler.
- There is a charge for any pegged game.
- No bitches in season. You are more than welcome to attend without your dog to watch and learn on any events that you have pre booked.
Booking Procedure & Cancellation Rights
If payment is not forthcoming we reserve the right to cancel your booking request and release your place to another client. No refunds are issued unless cancelled by Seadogs Training.
By paying for the service/s included on your invoice you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
We have a strict limit on the number of dogs who can attend each group class. For this reason, your payment will reserve your place in the class for the duration of the payment period noted on your invoice. If you are unable to attend any classes within the payment period you agree to forfeit the session/s. We are obligated to still run the class in your absence and we cannot practically re-allocate your place for ad-hoc sessions to another paying client.
For this reason, no credit or refunds will be offered for group classes you do not attend.
Individual Training Sessions
Cancellation: If you cancel at short notice, it is unlikely we will be able to re-book another client into the time slot we have specifically reserved for you. We therefore require 72 hours notice of cancellation, otherwise you agree to forfeit the full cost of your session.
From time to time we may advertise a discounted offer if you purchase a pre-paid block of Individual Training Sessions. This discount is only available for pre-purchase with full payment made in advance. All outstanding Individual Training Sessions in the block must be held within 90 days of the last session or they will expire. No refunds will be given for unused Individual Training Sessions offered as part of a block-booking discount.
- Individual Training Sessions will each last up to 45 minutes
- Gift vouchers can only be redeemed for the services listed on the voucher
- Gift vouchers are not exchangeable with cash or another voucher
- Individual Training Sessions must be pre-booked in advance and our standard 48 hour cancellation policy as above applies
- Group Classes must be pre-booked in blocks of 8 consecutive classes (subject to space) and our standard policy for any missed classes as above applies
- Any additional cost exceeding the value of this voucher will be paid by the redeemer
- This gift voucher will not be replaced when lost, damaged or stolen
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Seadogs Training is final
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice
Credit notes are valid for six months
We reserve the right from time to time to change or amend these Terms & Conditions without notification.
By confirming your booking you are accepting the terms and conditions.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION
We will ask you for personal information and information on you and your dog. This information will be used to record details of your training and boarding requirements.
We may use your contact details to contact you about your appointment/booking.
We may be asked by Babergh District Council to view boarding forms as part of our boarding licence.
All data is securely stored in hard copy and/or electronically with restricted access.
If you click on any links on our website you may be directed away from our website and we are not responsible for the privacy settings on other sites.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Stour Valley Sporting Terms & Conditions
All guns making a booking on a Stour Valley Sporting Roving Syndicate or any other bolt on days arranged by the agent thereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Stour Valley Sporting shall, henceforth, be referred to as ‘The Agent’.
- Insurance and Certificates
(a) All guns must be suitably insured to partake in shooting sports. We recommend the insurance provided to members of BASC.
(b) All guns must be in possession of a valid shotgun certificate.
(a) The gun must provide their own shotguns and cartridges on the shoot day.
(b) Double-gunning is not permitted. Unless otherwise agreed in writing.
(c) Pump action or semi-automatic shotguns are not permitted unless agreed in writing.
(d) We request that all guns use only fibre wads on all of our shoot days.
(e) Guns are reminded that non-toxic shot MUST be used where required by relevant legislation.
- Shoot Cancellation & Conduct
(a) In the event that the shoot day is cancelled by the shoot provider the agent will endeavour to recover any money paid to the shoot and refund to the guns. less the Stour Valley Sporting arrangement fee. The agent accepts no liability however, if we cannot recover the money. We would therefore recommend guns take out their own insurance to cover this
(b) Notwithstanding clause (a), the shoot provider or his/her representative may reserve the right to cancel the shoot due to the following circumstances without accepting legal responsibility to reimburse the guns:
(i) Before shooting begins, in the event of adverse weather conditions, storm damage, flood or heavy snowfall, COVID-19 or if for any other reason including but not limited to the activities of demonstrators or saboteurs he considers it is unsafe or impractical to commence or continue shooting; or
(ii) If, on or before the date of the shoot, any government agency shall have banned shooting or the shooting of species which normally comprises the majority of the Bag.
In such events the shoot provider, at his/her absolute discretion, may make an appropriate deduction from the price, or offer an alternative days shooting, which shall be passed on by the agent. Neither the shoot provider nor the agent accept any legal responsibility to reimburse the guns in the event of cancellation under this clause. As such, we recommend all guns take out cancellation insurance to cover all eventualities.
(c) In the event that a gun cancels their booking, all monies paid shall be forfeited, unless the agent is able to find a “suitable known” replacement gun – in which case a refund will be provided, minus 20% to cover administration for the agent.
(d) The agent or any representative from the shoot retains the right to stop any gun from continuing to shoot if they believe that the gun poses a safety risk. In such cases, no refund will be given.
- Shoot Day Organisation
(a) The agent will provide a representative to accompany the team of guns throughout the day.
(b) The shoot provider and/or the agent have absolute discretion as to the conduct and organisation of the day – including, but not limited to, the order and number of drives to be shot.
(c) Guns shall convene at an assigned place and at an assigned time before the shoot begins. This will be promulgated prior to the shoot day by the agent. The draw for pegs will take place before the first drive. Guns who are late to arrive may miss one or more drives. No refund will be available in such circumstances.
(c) As per clause 3(d), the agent and representatives from the shoot retain the right to stop any gun from continuing to shoot.
(d) Ground game shall not be shot unless otherwise, and specifically, directed.
Catering will be provided as laid out in literature prior to booking.
Gratuities are not included in any booking. All tips should be at the gun’s discretion and based on his/her enjoyment of the day. The agent will be happy to advise if the gun is in doubt regarding an appropriate tip.
(a) All monies paid in full, unless previous agreement has been made with the agent.
(b) The agent will add a 5% arrangement fee to all of the days. This is paid at the time of booking.
(c) In the event of any refunds. Any refunds will be less the 5% arrangement fee.
(d) Your place is not confirmed until full payment is received; delays may result in you losing your place.
(e) Should costs increase after booking the agent will pass these costs on to the gun. The agent is not liable for any increases
We reserve the right to change terms and conditions at any time.
By paying the invoice you accept the terms and conditions.